The Selwyn Project is a proposed zinc-lead mine, located in Howard's Pass in eastern Yukon right on the NWT border. It is currently developing an access road on the NWT side of the border. Permitting for this road is through the Mackenzie Valley Land and Water Board (look for project MV2015L8-0005 in the registry).
The project hasn't been active of late, as reported by the media:
- Selwyn Chihong delays plans for Yukon lead-zinc mine, Feb 9th 2016, CBC North
There is a possibility this project could make use of the Yukon Resource Gateway Project initiative. Here is some media coverage of this:
- Trudeau announces $360 million for Yukon road upgrades, Sep 2nd, 2017, Yukon News
- Plan may spur ‘environmental fragmentation’: conservationist, Sep 11th, 2017, Whitehorse Star
- Public money for Yukon mining roads is a bad idea, Oct 10th, 2017, Yukon News
- That Time Trudeau Announced $360 Million for Roads to Yukon Mines That Haven’t Been Approved Yet, Oct 12th, 2017, The Narwhal