Join Our Team
NOW HIRING: Outreach & Communications Manager
Help us protect the land we love!
The Yukon Conservation Society (YCS) is one of the oldest environmental non-profit organizations in Canada. Over the past 50 years, YCS has worked with communities, First Nation governments and diverse organizations to achieve many conservation victories in the territory. Our Board, staff and volunteers are experts in their fields and are committed to staying on the cutting edge of research and training so that YCS remains a respected voice for the Yukon’s wildlife, land and water.
What we need
We are looking for a capable and enthusiastic person to manage our growing efforts in outreach and communications. Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Outreach & Communications Manager is responsible for managing our seasonal outdoor education program; communicating with members, volunteers and supporters; managing our website and social media; working with program staff to coordinate outreach and communications to the public and other organizations; budgeting and financial management of their program areas; and working with the Executive Director, Board, staff and volunteers on fundraising and organizational development. This is a full-time position (37.5 hours per week, $25.11/hour) but some flexibility is possible.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Communication skills: writing, editing, social media management, and media savvy
- Strategic thinking and ability to coordinate efforts towards a cohesive vision
- Experience managing both staff and volunteers; leadership and teamwork skills
- Public outreach experience
- Campaign planning and coordination skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Relevant educational background or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of northern, environmental and Indigenous issues and a strong environmental ethic
- Fluency with computers and web-based tools (no coding skills required) including comfort with or ability to learn MS Office and Google Suites, Expression Engine website content management system, Little Green Light membership database, Mailchimp, and Canva.
- Experience working in the Yukon and experience working in the not-for-profit sector
- French fluency
- Graphic design skills
How to apply:
- For full job description see document below. To apply, email cover letter and resume (as one PDF or Word document) to: info @ yukonconservation.org with the subject line "Attention: Search Committee".
- Ideal start date is July 9, 2019. We reserve the right to interview and hire for this position immediately but otherwise applications will close on Sunday June 30, 23:59 PT.
- While we greatly appreciate your interest in working with us, only those candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
SUMMER JOB OPPORTUNITIES
We offer three summer job opportunities for young people each year. We hire two Trail Guides and one Trail Guide Coordinator for the summer months.
The jobs are described below and PDF job descriptions can also be downloaded at the bottom of the page.
Trail Guide Coordinator
The Trail Guide Coordinator for 2019 has been hired.
Trail Guide (2 positions)
The Trail Guides for 2019 have been hired.
If you'd like to get involved with YCS, consider volunteering.
A full posting and description for the Outreach & Communications Manager job.
Related News & Events
April 3, 2019
We're hiring a Trail Guide Coordinator (applications due April 7) and two Trail Guides (applications due May 5). Join our team!