Join Our Team
Membership & Communications Coordinator
The Yukon Conservation Society (YCS) is one of the oldest environmental non-profit organizations in Canada. Over the past 50 years, YCS has worked with communities, First Nation governments and diverse organizations to achieve many conservation victories in the territory. Our Board, staff and volunteers are experts in their fields and are committed to staying on the cutting edge of research and training so that YCS remains a respected voice for the Yukon’s wildlife, land and water.
What we need
We are looking for a capable, enthusiastic, and creative person to support our growing efforts in membership and communications. Reporting to the Director, Outreach & Communications (DOC), the Membership and Communications Coordinator (MCC) will be primarily responsible for the administration around members and communicating with and coordinating volunteer involvement; and to support the DOC with YCS communications. This is a part-time position (30 hours per week) but some flexibility is possible.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience coordinating volunteers
• Communication and marketing skills: graphic design, video editing, writing, editing, and social media
• Event planning and coordination skills
• Fluency with computers, Microsoft Office, and web-based tools (no coding skills required)
• Familiarity with membership database – ‘Little Green Light’
• Relevant educational background or equivalent experience
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Good time-management skills
• Experience working in the Yukon and experience working in the not-for-profit sector
• Knowledge of northern, environmental and Indigenous issues and a strong environmental ethic
How to apply:
• The full job description is available below. Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents, legally entitled to work in Canada, should apply.
• To apply, email resume and cover letter (as one PDF) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Attention: Search Committee". Please include where you saw the job advertised.
• Start date is as soon as possible. We reserve the right to interview and hire for this position immediately but otherwise applications will close on Sunday, January 31, 2021.
• While we greatly appreciate your interest in working with us, only those candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Membership & Communications Coordinator
Part-Time Hours: 30 hours/week
Vacation: 6% vacation pay
Benefits: Self-administered employer cash contribution semi-annually
Application due date: January 31, 2021
Reporting to the Director, Outreach & Communications (DOC), the Membership and Communications Coordinator (MCC) will be primarily responsible for the administration around members and communicating with and coordinating volunteer involvement; and to support the DOC with YCS communications. This is a part-time position (30 hours per week) but some flexibility is possible.
- Ensure donation and membership processing is completed.
- Handling all questions, information requests, and issues regarding membership.
- Processing membership applications, renewals, and provision of receipts.
- Maintaining and updating membership records.
- Collecting data, tracking membership statistics, and preparing reports.
- Maintain database of members, donors and volunteers.
- Coordinate volunteers for various events and activities.
- Assist in developing YCS communications that reflect mission, strategy and work plans.
- Provide outreach and communications support on various projects.
- Assist with updating YCS’ social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube).
- Assist in development and circulation of YCS membership communications:
- YCS quarterly publication of Walk Softly
- Bi-weekly eNewsletter Tread Lightly
Trail Guiding & Outdoor Education
- Assist the DOC as required with administration of the summer Trail Guide program
- Assist Administrative Manager with Edible Garden Project.
- Other duties as assigned by the DOC
Related News & Events
June 3, 2020
Join Our Team!